No Bake Elderberry Syrup Power Balls are a protein packed recipe you can freeze and pull out for breakfasts, pop into lunches or enjoy while out hiking or camping. Using only 7 ingredients, they are loaded with nutritional foods like elderberry syrup, chia seeds, nut butter, hazelnuts (also called filberts) and dried cherries. This combination of super foods offer immune boosting antioxidants, protein, fiber and healthy fats.
- 1¼ cup natural nut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp Elderberry Syrup
- 2 cups oats (combine large flake oats and quick oats)
- ¼ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- In a whisk together nut butter, honey and Elderberry Syrup.
- Add oats, hazelnuts, dried cherries, chia seeds and a pinch of salt.
- Stir to combine. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Pick up a small amount and start forming a ball in your hands. Roll into 1 inch balls. You should get close to 16 power balls.
- Keep refrigerated when not using due to the natural nut butter. Or freeze and pull out as needed.
Courtesy of www.bakersbeans.ca